07 September 2009

My Almost Exercise-Free Day

photo of Koko in dresser drawer

I'm being lazy today, so I am going to republish an article that I wrote last year. I hope all of you had a great 3-day weekend.





Originally published as Weight for Weight on 11 July 2008. Hope you enjoy...




I'm sitting here writing this article and all the while, I'm being watched. It is an evil force that keeps my mind from writing. It keeps calling to me and mocking me for not doing what I should. I try to ignore it, but it's like that song you hear on the radio and just can't get out of your mind. I can't escape it. It's like a mantra I cannot ignore. It is..........my exercise machine.

Yes, it's my Total Gym. I have it in the living room only a few feet from me, because there isn't room for it in anywhere else. You see, I decided not to exercise today because I just don't feel like it. But I am in such a routine, that I feel REAL guilty if I skip a day. I know it won't hurt to not workout ONE day, but I can't escape this guilty feeling. I keep thinking that if I would have exercised like I usually do, I would be done by now. Don't you just hate that!

As I sit here, being taunted, I look at the clock and tell myself that I could be done by the time this TV show is over. Well, the show's over and I'm still sitting here. Oh well, I'm just going to get it over with. This procrastination is getting me nowhere.

Have you ever felt like this? It is surprising, that every time I come across a problem or roadblock in my fitness regime, I discover that I am not the first to experience it. I am not alone in this and neither are you. We can get through this together. Hang in there. I know I will.

Well, let's burn some calories.

3 comments:

  1. I've had those feelings of guilt before. It's a feeling that I can't stand but I guess it has its purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim,
    I just had to explain to Walter today what scrap booking was too!!

    You are not alone out there!! Happy Tuesday!!
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BeadedTail: Sometimes I can ignore it, especially if I am doing something worthwhile instead of exercising. But if it is just the case of not wanting to exercise one day, than the guilt thing usually works.

    Shinade aka Jackie: Good, I was feeling like the only one out there who did not know what it was.
    Happy Tuesday to you, too:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics