19 February 2011

My Version of Papa Murphy's Garlic Sauce

I have to admit that I am a very big fan of Papa Murphy's pizza, but I can't always hop in a car and go get one. This being the case, I hunted around for a recipe that I could make at home, yet still tastes very close to the real thing...and by taking a few recipes and tweaking them, I think I found it! This recipe calls for using Ranch Dressing and I found that by making the dressing myself, I can come closer to the actual Papa Murphy's sauce.

Before I get to the recipe, let me tell you that the garlic used in this recipe gives the sauce a bite, but when heated, the flavor mellows very nicely. So, if you use this as a dip, expect a bite. Some other uses are: as a pizza sauce (duh!), cheesy bread, mix it in mashed potatoes, use instead of mayo to add a bite to your sandwich, or put a dab on your steak. Just use your imagination, you won't be sorry.

If you just want to use the ranch dressing portion of this recipe, just omit the minced garlic and the Parmesan cheese.

Now, for my version of Papa Murphy's Pizza Garlic Sauce...

What you need...

photo of ingredients for Papa Murphy's garlic sauce

  • Mayonnaise... 1 cup
  • Sour cream... ½ cup
  • Garlic powder... 1 tsp
  • Onion powder... 1 tsp
  • dill... 1 tsp
  • Dried parsley... 1 tsp
  • Dried chives... 1 tsp
  • Salt... 1/4 tsp
  • Pepper... 1/4 tsp
  • Garlic, minced... 1 - 2 Tbsp (depending on your garlic preference)
  • Parmesan cheese... ¼ cup


Putting it together

  1. In a bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, and whisk (mix) well
  2. Add remaining ingredients and whisk together well (at this point you may be tempted to tweak the flavor, but please wait a few hours, because the taste changes over time)
  3. Cover and place in refrigerator a minimum of three hours (overnight is best as the flavors will intensify)
photo of Papa Murphy's garlic sauce


Hope you enjoy it, I know my family and I do!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds yum - I will have to try to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds yummy. So you use this instead of the traditional tomato type pizza sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storm, The Psychotic Housewife: I'm sure you will really like this :)

    Ann: Usually I will use this instead of a tomato-based sauce. I think it gives the pizza a richer taste :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Papa Murphy's pizza too but have only had the one with garlic sauce once. The sauce looks easy to make though so we'll have to give it a try!

    P.S. Go Tony! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BeadedTail: It's very easy to make. In fact, I just made up another batch last night. I made a bunch of mashed potatoes today and I mixed some into it...WOW!
    What happened to Tony, he was doing great and then just fell back. Can you believe that rookie who won?? Only his second race AND he is now the youngest ever to win the 500!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics