14 September 2009

Attention Etsy Owners Part-Two

photo of koko sleeping in a bag

I know it may seem too early to mention this, but the holidays will soon be upon us which means that people will soon begin searching for that perfect gift. Why not let that perfect gift be one of your original creations? It is in this vein that, starting in October, I would once again like to do something that I have seen at the BeadedTail. Once or twice a week, I would like to feature a few products from a fellow blogger's personal Etsy shop on my site. I figure that everyone would like to have a little extra advertising and free advertising is even better. So, if you have an Etsy shop, I hope that you will consider sharing a few of your products with us. If you do not own an Etsy shop, but know someone who may be interested, please have them stop by.



Here's how it would work:

  • Provide a direct link to up to three products you would like to feature (email me at the address below)

  • I will go to that page and capture the image(s)

  • I will post the product image and the corresponding link in a post dedicated to your shop

  • If someone is interested in your product, they will click the link you provided and be taken away to your site

  • I will leave you a message when your site will be featured


I have created a new Email address for you to use, to send me the links and for any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Everyday Living or if you prefer

the copy/paste method: everyday_living@hotmail.com


So, if you would like to have your shop featured, please send me the information and I will take care of the rest.

Only pertains to Personal Etsy Shops. Family-friendly products only, please.

20 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'll have to send you some links but let me get some new things made up first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BeadedTail: Thank you for giving me the idea in the first place. I look forward to seeing your products :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so kind and generous! I've just sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm delighted that you're going to "support handmade!" and I'll be getting on your list soon, too...and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so nice of you. I agree that is wonderful that you are supporting the handmade community. I just sent you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I were ready. I would love to be on this list.

    I am currently working on trying to get a storefront up with products as soon as possible.

    I hope I make it in time! You are just a nice guy Tim!!

    Happy day!
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky Girl: Thank you, I've received your links and I'll let you know when your items will be featured. Thank you for participating :)

    WillOaks Studio: Thank you, I'll be looking forward to seeing them ;)

    Lenox Knits: Thank you, I've received it and I'll be sure and let you know when I feature you :)

    Shinade aka Jackie: Don't worry, there's no time limit. Just send me your links when you are finished and I'll be sure that your are featured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have an etsy shop but I just wanted to say this is a really great idea. How generous of you to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann: Thank you. I did this last Spring and decided that with the Holidays approaching, it might be a good idea to try it again. Hopefully, they will be able to make a few more sales.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I sent an email a couple of days ago with my information. I look forward to seeing more handmade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a great idea about sharing shops and how to get the word out! Good thinking! I need to get busy and get some things out there to show! You are right...the holidays are coming up fast!
    I also get a kick out of your cat photos as I have two siamese myself! Or...rather...they own me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Split Rock Ranch: Thank you. I've received your links and I'll contact you when your products are being featured.

    Ro: When your ready, just send me the links to your products in your shop and I will be more than happy to feature them.
    You are so right about them owning us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tim,
    What a great idea. I did this last Christmas in the hopes people would support their fellow bloggers. I also included Karen's book about her Dad which makes a terrific gift too.
    Anyway, next time I do a post, I'll send my readers over here.
    Etsy is fabulous and thanks for such a good deed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mountain Woman: Thank you, I really enjoy doing this. When I did this in the Spring, I had quite a few people participate. Unfortunately only 3 have chosen to submit their shops. Hopefully, more will wish to participate.
    Thank you, I would really like to get more Etsy shop owners involved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really exciting! I just sent you an e-mail :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rose Works Jewelry: Thank you, I just got it and I'll let you know when your shop is featured.

    Beth: You are welcome. That is Koko in his natural environment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. well, thank you very much! That's a great idea (thanks BT) and I will certainly send you three items from my Etsy shop. {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. storybeader: You are very welcome. I've received your links and I'll contact you when I feature your shop.

    Tulip's Talking: Thank you and I look forward to seeing your products.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful, thoughtful say to pay it forward...

    Thank you Sharla (Beaded Tail) for the directions.

    Sending email in a few minutes...

    "Simple Pleasures, Lifes Treasures"

    ~Lily

    Edited to remove dead link. Comment originally published on...
    25 September, 2009 04:49

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics