10 April 2008

Wait for Weight

For those that are serious about losing weight, there is one thing that you must do: Start! Yes, it is a simple word, yet it conjures up many terrifying images. To start means that you must continue. It means that you have made a commitment to something. It means that you may experience disappointment. I answer YES to all. You will have to make a commitment to continue working out, even if you are tired. You will need to continue, even if you are sore. You will need to continue, even if you just don't feel like it. It requires a change in your attitude and in your lifestyle. It requires a commitment to losing the weight.

Each time I don't feel like working out, I imagine the way I used to look. I imagine going through the rest of my life with Diabetes. Try doing it for an improved self image. Try doing it for your partner. You can do it! It's only 30 minutes a day, 3-4 days a week. Instead of watching TV, workout with the TV on. Hey, everybody has an ipod, listen to it while you exercise.

Now, I know that many of you have very busy schedules and you just don't have the time to devote to exercise. Well, if you have the time to think about wanting to lose weight, you have taken the first step. Next, you need to ask yourself, how serious are you about losing the weight?

If you are serious, then you need to try and find 30 minutes within your day to devote to changing your life for the better. Think of it this way: you are not losing 30 minutes, you are adding precious moments to your life.

Try waking-up 30 minutes earlier. How about spending part of your lunch hour taking a walk? Go to the Mall and power-walk (Most Malls open early for people to power-walk). Don't go it alone, get your family to walk or bike with you.

There will be times when you just want to quit. I know, I've been there. I just went ahead and did my routine anyway and you know what, I felt better. The soreness will disappear as you workout. The fatigue will fade as you exercise. When you are done, and I know that this is hard to believe, you will have more energy.

Go ahead, take the plunge, you will be glad you did.


choosing-weight-loss-buddy

type-2-diabetes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics