27 May 2008

Turning Back the Scales

funny picture of a cat and puppy sleeping in each other's beds Well, it’s been nine months since I started my workout routine and it’s time to reveal the results. For the past nine months, I have been eating a little over 1,000 calories a day. Yes, I know that this is extreme and I would not suggest you do the same. This is a very low amount and very difficult to maintain. I would suggest that you start at about 2,500 calories a day. This is a much safer and more manageable limit.
When I began, I started exercising about 20 minutes a day. As I added additional exercises, that time increased to around 40 minutes per day. I like to use a combination of strength training and cardio workouts.
The time has come for the great reveal. Unfortunately, I did not get measurements before I started, so the beginning measurements are estimates. Even so, the results are dramatic

Waist:

Beginning: 53inches est. Current: 43 ½ inches

Hips:

Beginning: 48 inches est. Current: 39 inches

Weight:

Beginning: 278 lbs. Current: 236 lbs.

Since I have been strength training, my actual weight is higher then most. I have lost a great deal of fat and have replaced it with muscle. I estimate that I have gained between 15-20 lbs. of muscle. Considering this, my weight would be around 221-226 lbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics