A way to help solve this problem would be to implement what many have already been discussing in the forums, and that would be a two-widget system. I realize that this would mean an additional widget on my site, but I feel it would solve the problem on many fronts.
- It would give the advertisers their own widget to cycle through, meaning they would have one less site to compete with, thus giving them more page views.
- The EC advertisers would have their customary advertising spot, just as it has always been.
- For those who do not wish to have any paid ads on their site, they just don't install the widget.
- For those, like me, who are currently not accepting paid ads, for the reason I have already stated, this would remove that reason and the advertisers would have new sites on which to advertise. More sites equals more page views.
- For those who would accept paid advertising on their site, that widget would need to conform to the current One-Scroll policy, while the traditional EC widget could be placed wherever the site owner wanted.
- With these measures in place, I feel that Entrcard would be able to solve a variety of it's current problems and also increase its advertiser base.
If this is ever implemented, I will be more than happy to accept paid advertising on my site. So, for now, I will let the paid advertisements run their course and I will let you know when my site is 100% EC credit advertising.