29 November 2009

A Novel Experience

photo of koko covered in boxesWell, I finally did it. On Saturday at around 6:30pm, I finished my novel. I have to say that the experience, although very intense, was also very fulfilling. For me, it was 27 days of total immersion in my book. When I wasn't spending hours writing, I was thinking about how to move the plot along and believe it or not, actually dreaming about it.

There were times, too many to count, where I would literally spend hours in front of the computer, trying to think of what to write. I would know where the story needed to go, I just didn't know how to get it there. Then, there were those magical times when the story would actually write itself. Wonderfully, this happened on Friday and Saturday, because on each of those days, I was able to write over 4,000 words.

When it was finally over and the last word written, I have to admit that I was a little sad. I had lived with these characters for the past 27 days and all at once, it's over. There were times when it was frustrating and other times when it was fun. But overall, it was a very rewarding experience and one I would gladly do again.

Now, since my brain is currently running on empty, I plan to do something a little different this week: I'm going to be sharing some of my favorite holiday movies. I know, you can actually see the affiliate monster rearing its head, and you would be correct. These posts will be mainly for search engine use, but I'm hoping you might get a kick out of looking at my choices. Also, this will allow me a chance to recover from my writing marathon.

I hope you all have a great week and if you have any holiday favorites, please feel free to let me know; I'm always on the lookout for a good movie.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you finished and I definitely want to read it PLEASE!

    As to movies, one of my very special favorites is "Holiday Inn" from ages ago with Bing Crosby. It's a very special movie to me because Vermont (the way it used to be) is featured prominently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on finishing your novel. Will there be an opportunity to read this in the near future?

    Movies, well nothing beats the old classics like "Miracle on 34th st."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your novel.

    Favorite Christmas movie is "Bells of St. Mary's" and I also like "Miracle on 34th Street"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics