21 September 2010

Comment Confusion

For those of you who have commented on my site between the end of July and the start of this month, you may have noticed that I have switched back to the Blogger commenting system. I have to tell you, that I was completely happy with Disqus, but apparently Blogger did not reciprocate. You see, ever since I switched, I was trying to get my comments to sync from Disqus to Blogger, but it never happened. Disqus support tried many times, but Blogger kept denying them access to my blog. So, I am once again, unfortunately, back to using Blogger. I have to say that whenever I leave Blogger, I will be going back to Disqus.

Now, for those of you who commented during that time, please rest assured that your comments will not disappear. I am currently in the process of going back and copying/pasting each of your comments onto the appropriate post. I am also linking your homepage to your comments. I have started from the most recent and am slowly working my way back. This may take a while, but I'll get it done. If you go back and notice that I made a mistake with a link or a link is missing, please let me know and I will correct the problem. Your comments mean a lot to me and I do not want to lose them.



Koko and Yum Yum doing sentry duty...

photo of Koko and YumYum in their cat tree

8 comments:

  1. Technology is wunnerful when it's workin', but it sure is ornery when it's not.

    I really like the way you have your blog set up.

    ~ Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say as long as it works, don't fix it. This especially applies to all things blog related. It can be so time consuming and frustrating, at least it is to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the problems Tim. Have you contacted blogger with your concerns. You probably have. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great picture!!!

    I hate the tech problems too, is really is frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn blogger anyway. Sounds like a lot of work fixing all those comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaya' s Home: That is SO true! It sure mucks thing up and makes life difficult when it doesn't.
    Thank you!

    Karen and Gerard: I agree. I switched because I was losing comments with Blogger. I would receive emails daily from people who could not leave a comment. After weeks of this, I decided a change was in order. If they would have allowed Disqus to sync the comments, I would still be with them.

    Russ: Thank you. I haven't contacted anyone at Blogger, because there is no one to contact. To give you an example, 3 years ago they locked me out of one of my blogs and I have yet to be able to regain access to it.

    Brian: Thank you. They love to stay up there and swipe at our heads as we walk by.


    Ann: Yes, it's a lot of work, but I value each and every one I get :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a ton of work for you to do! Hope it goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reeni: It is, but I'm doing just a few posts each night; kinda stretching the work and making it more manageable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics