21 July 2008

iPod Those Pounds Away: Part-Two

picture of a very wet cat with human teeth.So, a few months ago I broke down and purchased an iPod. I figured if I’m going to be serious about this exercise thing, I need to have some sort of motivation while I’m doing it. Let’s face it, if you know you’re going to be bored out of your skull for 30 minutes, will you really be motivated to want to do the exercises in the first place?

This is where the old iPod comes in. After getting the thing, the next task is actually downloading the music, but what type of music should I have? I find that if I have music that has a fast beat, I actually exercise to that rhythm. So, I listen to everything from KISS to the B-52’s. I must say that it has really helped with the boredom issue, because the iPod can also shuffle the songs, so each time you use it, the songs are in a different order (I know, a great big Duhh, but I was new to this).

Obviously, what works for me may not work for you. I like fast music, because it makes me want to exercise fast. I tried listening to slower music, but I just can’t exercise to it. Try to find what you like and do it. If watching TV works for you, then keep doing it. If you like listening to digital books, then go ahead. This is all about fighting the boredom that can come with exercise. Once you can take away the boredom issue from your exercise routine, that will be one less excuse not to exercise.

See also...

iPod Those Pounds Away:Part-1

2 comments:

  1. Hey there.

    Just a quick FYI. If you setup itunes on your system, checkout the podcast section in the itunes store. There are a number of podcasts, updated regularly that specifically feature music to exercise to and they're FREE. I don't exercise so I couldn't comment on whether the choices are right for that cardio pumpup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I did not know about that. I am on my way there now. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics