29 July 2008

Motivations and Diets: Part-Two

cartoon of a woman weighing herself on a scale with her feet in the airThis then, was my motivation: I wanted to look good for my wife. I wanted her to notice the changes that were occurring and I wanted those changes to continue. Being able to see physical changes is a strong motivator for me when I’m depressed.

What started out as a primary motivation (my health issue), soon became a secondary one as my selfish side took over. I was selfish in wanting to look better. When I was down in the dumps and so depressed that I didn’t even feel like eating (It’s sad when I can’t even enjoy my own depression), it was the thought of throwing away everything that I had worked so hard to achieve that kept me going.

Each one of us who embarks on this journey needs to find something that will sustain us during those dark periods. Try to find something that you can cling onto. If you can’t think of anything strong enough to get you through those tough times, then try and find someone who can talk to you; someone who has been down this road before and knows what it’s like. There are many ways to find the support you need.

As always, I am here to help if I can. If you have any questions or concerns, please leave a comment and I will do my best to help you. Take care and continued success. Remember, look at what you have already accomplished, not at how far you need to go.

Next Time: Diabetes: What We Don’t Remember

See also...

Motivations and Diets:Part-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics