19 August 2008

I Can't Stomach This: Part-Two

photo of a cat sitting at a computer and paying solitaire.The thing that really confuses me (and it doesn’t take much these days) is the fact that I am constantly working my stomach muscles during my exercise routines. I mean I do the usual abdominal crunches and sit-ups, but I also do twists, pullovers, and crossovers. OK, for those who don’t have an idea of what I am talking about, let me explain: when I am working on the Total Gym, I am on a sliding bench that is attached by cables to handles you use during the routines. The Twist: sit straight on the top of the bench and grab both handles let the tension out of the cables by twisting you body towards the front of the machine (this is the resting position). You then use your stomach and back muscles to pull your arms towards the front of your body, until you are facing forward. Release and repeat. When finished with your set, you switch sides.

Pullover: Lay on your back on the bench with your arms fully extended while holding the pulley handles. While keeping your arms straight, you pull the handles over your head until your arms are by your sides. While doing this, you perform an abdominal crunch. You can actually feel the tingles in your stomach as you do this exercise. Crossover: Start in same position as the Pullover and using one arm at a time; keep it straight and pull it to the opposite side of your body. Again, performing an abdominal crunch.

I am bringing this up for the simple fact that...

Next Time: The conclusion.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, we got the spider toy from Casbah Kitten at their Etsy shop! :)

    I like that graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lux: Thanks, I know KoKo would love playing with that. Roll it in a little catnip and he will be in heaven:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen &Gerard Zemek:Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. My daughter found it a few days ago:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you like the Total Gym? I'm close to getting one.....that's the one with Christie Brinkley and "what's his face?" Would love to know your thoughts! Laurie B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. laurie b: Yes, that's the one and I love it. I use it about 4-5 times a week and I have my routine up to 35-40 minutes. It really helps build muscle and also gives a good cardio workout (depending on the exercise you do). I was cheap and got mine through Amazon for about $250.00. I just couldn't part with more than that. The only problem I had was after using the machine for about 8 months, the lining on the cable started to crack. The cable was still good, but I didn't want to take any chances. So, I found a company that supplies "everything Total Gym" and ordered it from them (Total Gym does not support the older models). If you want, I can write a review and with all the links. I've been thinking of doing that for a Squidoo page. If you're interested, just let me know and I'll notify you when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics