Things you'll need:
Butter...1 lb. (4 sticks) unsalted, please
Fresh Sage...1 Tbsp
Fresh Rosemary...1 Tbsp
Fresh Thyme...1 Tbsp
These three (sage, rosemary, and thyme) are also referred to as a Poultry Mix. All measurements are considered a baseline; if you prefer a stronger flavor, you can increase the amount of herbs or reduce the amount for a milder flavor. If you cannot find fresh herbs and need to use dried herbs, you will need to reduce the baseline measurements by 1/2, as the dried herbs have a more concentrated flavor.
- Place butter on counter to soften
- Take the herbs (try to avoid including the stems) and chop them very fine or, if you have a food processor, place them in there and pulse until finely chopped.
- Next take your softened butter and place in your food processor
- Add a small amount of olive oil (1Tbls)
- If you do not have a food processor (like me), place butter and herbs in a bowl and mix with a mixer until well combined.
- Pulse until well combined
- Take plastic wrap and place on the counter
- empty butter onto the plastic wrap
- fold the wrap over the butter
- Using the edge of a cookie tray or other straight object, press it against the butter and tightly form into a log about 1-inch in diameter (the plastic wrap acts as a mold)
- careful not to get the plastic wrap under the butter, roll-up and twist both ends
- place butter in refrigerator
Photo courtesy of...The Hungry Mouse