11 May 2009

Still Plugging Along

photo of koko in my drawerWith only a few short weeks left of the school year, things have become even more hectic. We are in the process of wrapping-up all the courses and preparing for the semester finals. So far, it looks like we should finish on time. The ISAT tests have been taken and my kids did very well. In both math and language they either scored at or above their grade level. The rough drafts for their Middle School projects have been completed and they are currently working on their final drafts. I can't wait for the Summer!

If we can scrape together the funds, I am planning on re-landscaping the berm in our backyard. It is something that I have been wanting to do for several years, but I have never gotten around to actually doing it (My initial focus and efforts have been on getting the front yard completed). The berm is approximately 80 feet long and I plan to tier it, so we can plant trees and possibly move our garden there. If I do actually tackle this project, I will be sure to get some before, during, and after shots to show you (this would also motivate me to do a half-way decent job).

I know it may come as a shock to most of you, but I have been trying to make some money with this site. This being said, you may have noticed some strange titles appearing in my feeds. Well, just to let you know, I have been posting some affiliate-related posts to try and take advantage of the search engine traffic I am receiving. So as not to interfere with my regular, thought-inspiring articles, I pre-date them, but they still seem to be appearing on my updates.

Anyway, I think I have jumped around enough in this post, so I guess I'll start proofing the final draft of the history paper that has just been sent to me.

9 comments:

  1. I like how your cat lays inside your drawers! Ours likes walking and laying on the newspaper while we read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry": Oh, he does that too. He loves to lay on the textbooks when I'm teaching:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now that you've told us you have to work on that berm this year! And yes, pictures too! (And Koko is cute as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BeadedTail: I know, I should probably keep quiet about such things. Oh well, it's motivation to finally get it done. I'll pass that along to Koko:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ya! It sounds like your are quite busy. I can't wait to hear about your garden. I gave you a plug on my blog with your request for a Greek cucumber sauce. I hope you enjoy the recipe.

    gardengnome1 on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. kitty looks comfy get that garden going

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom's Cafe Home Cooking: Thank you very much! I stopped by and grabbed the recipe. Thank you for your kind words and link. As I mentioned in my comment, I plan to use it on the pita and that terrific avocado salad.

    Lucky Lady: It goes in this weekend. I am hoping that today is the last day for frost:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Daily Cute: Thank you, I'll pass that along to Koko:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics