What you will need:...
Potatoes...10 pounds (1 bag)
Butter...½ to 1 stick
Parmesan Cheese...1-2 cups
measurements are estimates and based upon texture/taste
Putting it Together...
- Skin potatoes and cut into quarters (this allows the potatoes to cook more quickly)
- Put in large pot, add water and salt (I usually put in a few chicken bouillon cubes to add a little flavor to the potatoes).
- When fork tender, remove from heat and drain
- Turn-off burner and replace potatoes in pot and return to burner. This will allow the excess water to steam out of the potatoes. Be sure to keep an eye on them, so they do not burn
- Place the potatoes in a bowl
- If they do not all fit, you will need to repeat the following steps with the remaining potatoes (although cutting-back on the measurements)
Here's what they look like...
Originally posted as... Tangy Whipped Potatoes