23 January 2010

Scenes from a Parking Lot


My oldest had to take her semester finals this week. The place where I had to take her was literally clear across town and because I did not want to waste gas on extra trips, I decided to just wait in the car until she was done. So, in preparation for a four-hour wait each day, I packed myself a little activity bag to keep me busy: I included my Bible, a book, crossword puzzles, an iPod, and a bag of popcorn. Also, because it was frigid and windy, I had a coat and gloves. Yes, I looked weird, but at least I was warm...sort of.

Anyway, while sitting in the parking lot the first day, I saw an incredible view of the clouds sneaking over the mountains. Of course, I did not have a camera with me, but I made sure I had it with me the next day. Naturally, these pictures do not compare to the scene I saw the previous day, but I think they're pretty cool.

photo of mountains


photo of mountains

7 comments:

  1. At least you were comfy and pretty much warm for the most part. The pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a49erfangirl: The coat and gloves really helped. Thank you, I just wish I had a better camera. The one I have is just a point-and-shoot type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow in the mountains is always such a pretty sight. At least you had a beautiful view during your long wait. Hope your daughter's finals went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BeadedTail: I have to admit that the view really helped. It was nice to just sit there and look at the mountains and watch the traffic on the freeway. Thank you, she thinks that she did well, but we'll know next week how she did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Tim, those are some beautiful photos. I remember clouds like that in San Francisco rolling in but I haven't seen any like that in years.
    Hope your daughter did well and wasn't worried too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You forgot to pack the camera the first day? What were you thinking?...lol
    Great shots though. At least you had some great scenery to look at while you were waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mountain Woman: Thank you. I just wish that the clouds would have turned out better.
    She said that she felt pretty good about how she did.

    Ann: I know, I'm just not used to thinking about bringing one along. Thank you, I wish they would have turned out better, but it's just a point-and-shoot camera.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics