02 January 2011

Squirrels and School

There were two squirrels sitting on the fence like bookends, but naturally as soon as I get the camera, they moved...


photo of a squirrel eating



Well, I guess all good things must come to an end, but starting tomorrow, it's back to teaching. It was so nice to be able to read some books and do some research for more than 20 minutes a day. You see, that's about all the time I usually have to myself during school. When I'm not teaching, I am trying to learn what I need to teach: Yep, it's a case of the teacher being just one step in front of the student. I have two different math and science lessons to learn, not to mention History. For example, tomorrow in math we begin Graphing Quadratic Functions (Algebra 2) and Systems of Linear Inequalities (Algebra 1). In science there is Molecular Genetics (10th grade) and Meteorology (9th grade). The tough part will be getting back into the routine.

Now, off to watch some football...

8 comments:

  1. Oh no, Oh no, it's off to work you go! Breaks and naps are much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dang squirrels. Don't they know they are supposed to wait to move until AFTER you take the picture?

    Although school doesn't sound too fun, I think I'd trade you for tax season! Enjoy your molecular genetics and algebra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birds and animals and really just about anything living takes off running when I have a camera in hand.
    I think my brain hurts just from reading about all those lessong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, that was supposed to be lessons...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian: I SO agree! It was great not to have to really use my brain for a while :)

    BeadedTail: It's like they could sense that I was going to take a picture.
    I wish you all the best with tax season. With the science and math, I'll eventually understand it; with taxes...not so much :)

    Ann: I was even inside when I tried to take the picture...do they have sixth sense about cameras?
    Yes, it's going to be interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Math, cringe! I'll just keep my nose in the history books! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just working on staying ahead of my 2nd grader. I couldn't imagine learning the "hard" stuff and then turning around and teaching it. My hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Storm, The Psychotic Housewife: When I finished college, I thought I was done with it...who knew? I much prefer history, too :)

    Rachele: Some of that 2nd grade stuff seems harder than what I'm working on.
    I'm taking a quick break from the math stuff and delving into science (DNA replication). It's actually not as bad as it sounds. However, math is ALWAYS lurking in the background...bleah!
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics