26 July 2013

Yum Yum Update 7/26

First, I would like to thank those of you who have donated to help Yum Yum get her surgery. It really means a lot to all of us knowing that you care. As I mentioned in my thank you emails to you, we have never had to face a situation like this before, but it is comforting to know that we are not alone. Also, I would like to thank publicly those who have donated. So, in my next update, I would like to do so. If you would like to remain anonymous or if you have a specific site/anchor text you would like me to use, please send me an email at tahtimbo@hotmail.com

This first photo will show you the medication that we give Yum Yum. We had to get it from a compound pharmacy, that's a pharmacy that actually mixes together the ingredients that are in the prescription. I had never heard of one before, so my wife had to explain it to me. Luckily, we have two here in Boise. They mixed-in a beef flavor, so Yum Yum would like it better.
photo of the medication we give Yum Yum

My wife fills the syringe to the proper level, 0.25 ml, and then has to squirt it into Yum Yum's mouth. In order to be effective, the medication cannot be swallowed, but has to be absorbed through her gums and cheeks.








Even though she spends most of her time under the table, I am thankful that she comes out now and again. She still does not groom herself, nor does she lay on my wife's lap like she used to, but we are still hopeful. I have included the donation thing at the bottom, if you would like to help Yum Yum get the surgery she needs. If you are not familiar with what happened, here is the link, that will give you that information... Yum Yum Needs Your Help

Again, thank you for all your kind prayers and support. I will provide another update soon.
Tim

Saying Goodbye to Yum Yum

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Yum Yum was going through all this. I'm sorry she's hurting and hope the meds and surgery make her well soon! We're sending positive thoughts and purrs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel sorry for your wife having to squirt that medicine in. I know we had a terrible time doing that with our cats. It seemed it got harder instead of easier because the cats learned quick it wasn't a good thing. Hope more people will help you out! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the update. We have a compound pharmacy for some of the meds I have had in the past... although, to be honest, I prefer being pilled if I MUST get meds, MOL! I hope you will get together enough money soon to get Yum Yum her operation. I am purring lots for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the delay, but I could not get into my comments, nor could I reply to any. I had Google+enabled and it hid everything.

    BeadedTail: Thank you for your support! This all happened so quickly. It seemed one day she was fine and the next, we noticed the blood around her eye. So far the medication seems to be helping, but she still spends most of her time in hiding. Thank you for your positive thoughts and purrs, they really do make a difference.
    Thank you again

    Karen and Gerard: I agree. We're just lucky that Mary is used to working with small animals from her work. The first few times, Yum Yum didn't fight at all, but since then, it has started getting harder did give her the meds. My wife makes sure she has a treat after getting her dose, which I guess makes things go a little easier (and it helps Yum Yum get more food in her).

    Sparkle the Designer Cat: I think my wife would agree with you on that. She said pills were much easier to give, since this stuff is not supposed to be swallowed. I think Yum Yum would also prefer it. Thank you for your purrs!!! Yum Yum says, "hi and thank you!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics