Here are the definitions of the medications Yum Yum will be given during her surgery...
- Marcaine (Bupivacaine): A local Anesthesia which blocks the generation and conduction of nerve impulses 2
- Retrobulbar Block: This is the procedure for administering the Marcaine.In this technique, local anesthetic is injected into the retrobulbar space, the area located behind the globe of the eye 1
- Buprenorphine: This is a very powerful opiate used for pain control. This is what what Yum Yum is currently taking sublingually
- Hydromorphone: Another narcotic used for pain
- Midazolam: Used before anesthesia for surgery to cause drowsiness, relieve anxiety, and prevent any memory of the event 3
- Propofol: provides loss of awareness for short diagnostic tests and surgical procedures, sleep at the beginning of surgery, and supplements other types of general anesthetics 4
- Cefazolin: Antibiotic
- Rimadyl: Used to treat pain and inflammation
- Atropine: Causes the muscles in the eye to become relaxed, which widens the pupil. The pupil will remain wide and will not respond to light 5
For those who have not been following Yum Yum's story, I have included a link to where you can find out what happened to her. I hope that you will be able to help her, but if you cannot, please say a prayer for her and share her story with others.
Yum Yum Needs your Help
I want to thank all of you for your prayers, purrs, and support. It means a great deal to not only Yum Yum, but also to my entire family. We have never had to go through anything like this before and it can be very difficult and for me, humbling.
So you can see where the money in the surgery fund is going, here is a more readable breakdown of Yum Yum's surgery costs. The items that have been crossed out are the ones that are now currently funded...
|Description||Units||Price per Unit||Total|
|L211 Ophtho. Pre-Operative Panel||1.0||$105.40||$105.40|
|L301 CBC Comprehensive||1.0||$44.20||$44.20|
|IV Catheter- Placement (Initial)||1.0||$63.00||$63.00|
|Fluid Administration- IV Pump per Liter||1.0||$43.00||$43.00|
|Anesthesia General each 30 minutes||2.0||$69.00||$138.00|
|Operating Room Initial Set-Up||1.0||$78.80||$78.80|
|Operating Room each 30 Minutes||2.0||$59.70||$119.40|
|Surgery Pack- Eye Minor||1.0||$65.40||$65.40|
|Ocular Implants 14-24mm||1.0||$52.50||$52.50|
|Suture-PDS 4-0 RB-1||1.0||$15.65||$15.65|
|Patient Care Level 1 6-12 Hours||1.0||$86.25||$86.25|
|Est-Medications (oral, topical, other)||3.0||$60.00||$180.00|
|Biopsy Antech Single||1.0||$156.16||$156.16|
|Felv FIV Snap Test||1.0||$53.10||$53.10|
Saying Goodbye to Yum Yum