I made a zucchini casserole last night. It was fairly easy to do, I basically just chucked whatever veggies I could find and added them to the zucchini. I then added some feta, Parmesan, and some panko breadcrumbs. This is a good recipe to use if you want to empty out some veggies that you might not know what to do with.
What you Need:
- Zucchini, large
- Veggies (you can use frozen or fresh)
- Feta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Take your zucchini and remove the skin
- Remove the seeds. The easiest way to do this is to slice the zucchini lengthwise and use a large spoon to scarp out the seeds.
- Cut the zucchini into bite-sized cubes
- Steam the zucchini until tender (takes about 10-15 minutes)
- Once cooled, in a large bowl add the zucchini and all the other ingredients, except the breadcrumbs
- Add some salt, pepper, and any other herbs and spices you like
- Mix together
- Put everything into a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs and extra cheese
- Set oven to 350 and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes