17 April 2010

My French Fry Dip


photo of dill dip


As you may or may not know, I like to make our own home-made fries (yep, another shameless recipe link) and I can think of nothing better to go with those fries, than a good dip. With this in mind, I decided to experiment with a dip I found over at Super Mommy to the Rescue (by the way, I stole the photo from Super Mommy, because her picture turned out a lot better than mine). Well, to the great shock and disbelief of my wife, I actually kept track of what and how much I added, so I am able to share this recipe with you. Although, we used this batch for the fries, this dip can be easily paired with chips or any veggies of your choice.

Putting it together...


  • 1 Cup Mayonnaise

  • 1 Cup Sour Cream

  • 1 tsp. Powdered Onion

  • 1 tsp. Powdered Garlic

  • 1 tsp. Dill

  • ¾- 1 tsp. Powdered Beef Bouillon (use more or less depending on how salty you like your dip)

  • ¼tsp. dry mustard

Mix all ingredients well and store in the refrigerator. Over the next several hours, the flavors will blend and become more concentrated. I hope you enjoy it.

7 comments:

  1. I must admit, I hadn't heard of french fry dip before unless ketchup counts. It does sound very good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BeadedTail: Ketchup counts! There's a place here that serves strictly french fries (hamburgers on the side) and every type of dipping sauce imaginable. I guess that's where I got the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds yummy! I'm going to have to give this one a try. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used ranch dressing to dip fries in and I also like them covered in gravy. This dip sounds pretty good. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dori: You're welcome. I'm sure you will like it. You can always tweak it to suit your taste.

    Ann: Yum, everything tastes better with gravy. Even more so, if it's bacon-flavored gravy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Storm, The Psychotic Housewife: I think you'll like it :) Anyway, it's a good excuse to break-out the chips!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics