03 July 2008

Dieting and Eating:The Battle Rages Part-1

picture of a building with what looks to be a huge paint can dumping paint down the sideThere is a common belief amongst us dieters that states, “The less you eat, the more you lose.” For the most part, I agree with this statement. However, the problem arises with how you define “eat less.” Does this mean you eat less food throughout the day, or does it mean you eat less food by having only one meal during the day?

When I started my diet over 10 months ago, I subscribed to this belief and I became a strict one-mealist. What I did was hoard my allotted calories and used them all at once. The reason behind this strange behavior, was it gave me something to look forward to later on in the day. If I had that “carrot” dangling out there, it helped me fight any depression I might feel by being on this diet in the first place.

I must say that this worked, for the most part. I would exercise in the morning and reward myself with an icy glass of water...Yum. I drank like a fish, water that is, and would eagerly await the time when I could actually put solid food in my mouth. Yes, I did snack on carrots and celery throughout the day, but I don’t count that as real food. As time went on and I lost more and more weight, I noticed that the amount of weight that I lost each week declined. I went from losing 4-5 pounds a week, which is typical at the beginning of a diet, to only 1-2 pounds per week. However, soon even this weight-loss stopped. What was happening?

Tomorrow: Part Two.

See Also:
Dieting and Eating:The Battle Rages, Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics