25 August 2008

Do the Salsa

picture of a pouting cat sitting on a couchThis past week, our tomato plants just went wild and we ended-up with about 60 ripe tomatoes. Now, in addition to adding tomatoes to hamburgers, sandwiches, and creating my famous Tuna-Stuffed-Tomato, I had to find something to do with them all. Naturally, we shared some with the neighbors, but my wife had other ideas…Salsa.

Using her feminine wiles and various threats, she told me that she wanted me to make salsa. Well, given the fact that I misplaced the recipe I usually used (actually, it was bits and pieces from several recipes that I used), this was going to be a challenge. Thankfully, I remembered the main ingredients; I just forgot the proportions. Since it turned-out very well, if I do say so myself, I will bore you with the recipe. This will serve me in two ways: First, I will have something to post and Second, I will be able to find the recipe the next time I make it.

Stuff you will need:

  • Tomatoes (duh)

  • Green onions…4-5 bunches

  • Chilies, fire roasted…6- 6 oz. cans. We used mild, but if you like yours hotter, than get medium to hot, or mix and match.

  • Pickling Salt…1-1 ½ Tablespoons

  • White Wine Vinegar…1 cup


Next time: If you decide to Can…

See also...
Do the Salsa:Part-2

Do the Salsa:Part-3

6 comments:

  1. Elaine here: Cute picture! Yum, tomatoes - I *love them, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lux: We got lucky this year. For some reason, we got very few tomatoes last year. This year, they seem to be going like gang-busters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm. I think I'll have to try this. I love salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stefanie: That's great, let me know what you think:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute cat. We have a feral cat colony with one indoors that are all tuxedo cats. My 13 yr old loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie Sayers: It must be like going to a Formal everyday (tuxedo...Formal, yeah, it's bad). I was wondering, is it possible to ever tame a feral cat?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics