- Saturday... Cleaning the kitchen (the worst part of getting ready)
- Sunday... Make the Crème Fraîche and compound butter
- Monday... Complete cleaning the kitchen
- Tuesday... Making the apple pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and the rolls
- Wednesday... getting the Manicotti ready (will bake on Thanksgiving), get the turkey ready for it's starring role, and generally making sure everything is good to go
- Thanksgiving... The madness begins
I use the Crème Fraîche (basically a very rich sour cream) in my apple pie (I will share this recipe in the next few days) and any leftovers you may have can be easily used as an additional garnish for your mashed/whipped potatoes. The recipe for the Crème Fraîche is very easy and takes very little preparation, however, it does take 24 hours for it set, so it is best to make the one or two days before you plan on making your apple pie. For example, I usually make the pie on Tuesday, so I will start the Crème Fraîche on Sunday night.
photo courtesy of... artistta.blogspot.com
Things you'll need:
Heavy Cream...1 cup
Butter Milk...1 Tbsp
Putting it together...
- pour heavy cream into jar
- add buttermilk
- mix well
- put lid on jar and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours, then refrigerate
- can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week
Any left-over Crème Fraîche can be used as a very rich sour cream.