Here's what they look like...
I hope you all have a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
What you will need...
- Potatoes...10 pounds (1 bag)
- Butter...½ to 1 stick
- Salt...to taste
- Pepper...to taste
- Buttermilk...½-1 cup
- Parmesan Cheese...1-2 cups (I know it's a lot, but I love to make it cheesy. You can also substitute the Parmesan for any type of cheese you like
- measurements are estimates and based upon texture/taste
Putting it Together...
- Skin potatoes and cut into quarters (this allows the potatoes to cook more quickly)
- Put in large pot, add water and salt (I usually put in a few chicken bouillon cubes to add a little flavor to the potatoes).
- When fork tender, remove from heat and drain
- Turn-off burner and replace potatoes in pot and return to burner. This will allow the excess water to steam out of the potatoes. Be sure to keep an eye on them, so they do not burn
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl
- If they do not all fit, you will need to repeat the following steps with the remaining potatoes (although cutting-back on the measurements)